The following are the Terms and Conditions for purchases of products and services from Y5 Buddy Macau (the “Company”). In order to place an order with our company, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions below. It is your responsibility to read and understand the terms and conditions completely and thoroughly, so please do not hesitate to contact Y5 Buddy Macau, if you have any questions.
Y5 Buddy Macau and you (the “Customer”) hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) with respect to the product and service offering by Y5 Buddy Macau to the Customer of the wireless communication device and peripheral equipment (the “Equipment”), including, but not limited to, wireless devices, SIM cards, data cards, mobile hotspots, user guides, chargers, adapters, and related or additional services (the “Services”) which are described herein or included in any agreement between Customer and Y5 Buddy Macau for products and/or services (“Agreement”).
1. Personal Data Protection guidelines
2. Eligibility to rent equipment
3. Applications and Contract Establishment
- Once the User (or an agent designated by the Company) completes Y5 Buddy Rental Agreement Form, it directly applies to the Company (Internet applicants, online application data is sent directly to the Company). Rental of Internet access equipment, lines and service provider designated by the Company (pre-set), specified in the equipment lent, cannot be changed.
- Once the User completes the application in accordance with the formalities required by the Company and through the acceptance of the Company (or an agent designated by the company) agreed to the application. The contract would then be established once the payment as requested after order confirmation is paid in full.
- If the contract is to receive deposits or require credit card guarantee. Then the deposits will be returned upon our receipt of the rented Equipment following your designated Return Date, deducting any service or damage charges or late fees, which are applied to the balance.
- If the Company as a result of the lack of inventory or other matters in accordance with the terms of the contract fails to provide services, the Company shall refund the received rent and full deposit returned to the User, but it will not make any additional compensation.
4. Goods collection or return
- The User must fill in the delivery method on the application form. If the company cannot deliver the goods with the delivery method as requested, then the company must contact the user for further arrangements, extra fees resulting from the change in delivery method by the Company will be borne by the Company.
- If the User does not specify in the application delivery methods, and cannot be contacted, the Company assumes that the pick-up location to be the designated office address of the Company
- On the users return to Macau, the user shall, in accordance with the methods and within the time limit on the application form return the Company internet device to the Company at the Companies designated office. If the User failed to return the communications equipment at the proposed date as originally specified in the contract then the User would be liable and charged for fees equivalent to a full day of rent for each day of delay.
5. Rental period
- The rental fee is calculated from the date of departure to the date of return. In principle the maximum rental period is 30 days. Should the User wishes to rent for more than 30 days then negotiation with the Company should be agreed.
- If during the rental period (ie travel period), the Company internet equipment experiences problems or cannot be used for any reasons, the User should immediately call the service hotline or email the Company of the details of problems. If the User fails to notify the Company of any problems during the travel period then the Company reserves the right not to make any cost adjustments held responsible for.
6. Cancellation Policy
7. Internet Data Service Restrictions
- WIFI internet data service may, in accordance with the company to provide internet data services within the country or region.
- Use of Wireless Internet data services do not allow the conduct of online game, live streaming and voice calls (except VoIP voice calls over WiFi network). If the User uses communications equipment provided by the Company to make Voice Call and incur any fees, the user is required to bear all call costs, responsibility and 100% of administrative fines compensation to the Company.
- As restricted by the Fair Usage Policy for telecommunications service providers in different countries, the daily data flow can not exceed 500MB in Japan, , Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, HK, United State, Russia, Canada, Vietnam and European countries. For European countries, Vietnam, Canada and Russia, when the fair usage is reached the connection speed will be throttled (i.e. slowed down) by local carrier. Company shall not refund any rental fee in the event of connection issues resulting from excessive data usage. For Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, United State, China and HK, if data usage exceed 500MB, over usage fee will occur and the Customer be obliged to pay MOP100 per 500MB.
8. Ownership of equipment
- Smartphone and other communications equipment often access internet using data service which could incur roaming charges with your network. Before using the company wireless device, be sure to turn off (stop) your use of the mobile phone roaming (Data Roaming) and use the phone WI-FI capabilities to connect the Internet equipment for data communication. Whether the User well-intentioned or malicious, where roaming capabilities is not turn off so that your equipment is directly connected to the network, your use of the internet data will be charged roaming charges overseas. Please note that in this circumstance, the Company takes no responsibility for the fees incurred.
- In case of Internet equipment failure, and the User fails to notify the company during the service period, then the Company will takes no responsibility and the user would still be obliged to pay the rental fee.
- If the user makes a wrong application resulting in obtaining a device which isn’t suited for the country of travel then the Company will takes no responsibility and the user would still be obliged to pay the rental fee.
- If the User suffer an accident or damage due to the use of communication equipment then whatever the reason, the Company shall not be responsible to the User
- The Company will not be responsible for the failure to access the internet using the company device, as a result of the users Smartphone error and/or settings which failed to provide Internet services.
- The company takes no responsibility if the user through inappropriate, careless use or misplaced the Internet devices leading to short-circuit or fire, which causes any casualties and losses to the user as a result, the Company advises the user to pay attention and use the device with care.
- The Company warrants that the Equipment will be in working order when it is delivered to the Customer, but the Company cannot be responsible for the performance of the Equipment or the operation of the networks to which the Equipment is connected. The Customer acknowledges that the Services may be temporarily interrupted (including dropped calls or weak signals), delayed, or otherwise limited due to a variety of causes, including, but not limited to, transmission limitations or interruptions, atmospheric conditions, system capacity limitations, network coverage, cell tower location, wireless signal strength, network system, or equipment failure. The Customer’s particular geographic location within a country, building, or structure, as well as a variety of other related causes, may also affect the Equipment performance. The Customer is also responsible for checking the local operator’s or carrier’s network coverage map (if any) to affirm that network coverage is available in the Customer’s desired geographic location.
10. Company Equipment Management, Loss, Damages and Theft
- User shall comply with the appropriate usage of equipments as suggested by the Company, take responsibility and treat the rented equipment as if it’s their own and in their best effort to take care and return the Companies equipment in a state which shouldn’t be worse than prior to the Users rental.
- In case of internet equipment being lost, damaged or in circumstances of theft, the user should immediately notify the Company. In addition, in the event of any of the above, illegal use of the internet and communication cost, the User would be liable to paid for any damages incurred to the Company.
- In case of equipment loss, damage or theft, the User shall be liable to pay compensation to the company based on the following:
|Compensation Amount (MOP)|
|Pocket WiFi 流動上網裝置||$1000|
The above fines are subject to change at any time with prior notice given to the user.
The company has the rights to deduct the compensation from the deposit in cases but not limited to cases of equipment loss, damage, theft and late return.
13. Force Majeure
- The User shall not be installed in the Internet devices other mechanical or accessories, and shall not engage in transformation, decomposition, damage, change the setting, or other changes to the Company equipment which would result in the malfunctioning of the equipment.
- The User shall not engage in communications equipment sublease, transfer and pledge in the third person which results in the damage against the Companies ownership.
- The User shall not use the company’s Internet device for any irregularities or illegal acts.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended or modified by Y5Buddy Macau in its discretion at any time by notifying the Customer of such changes either by a note on the website presented immediately after completion of the log in by the Customer, or by email to the Customer, or by any other reasonable means.